Sunday, June 26, 2011

Why I like quotes

Normally on a daily basis, I read quotes from a variety of sources.  Some are from www.brainyquote.com and some are from Wisdom News.  I often (almost daily) share them on my Facebook page.  Last night, one of our friends commented that she liked reading them and she appreciated me being so positive because the world needed more positive things in it.  It made me feel good and brought a smile to my face because I've had a few people ask me where I get that 'stuff' from (kind of negatively).  So this morning I was doing some self evaluation trying to decide WHY I actually follow that daily routine.  I guess I decided it's because they make me feel good.  Sometimes, I will read something I don't necessarily agree with or fully understand but I still share them because I think it's thought provoking.  I believe it's important to view things from another person's perspective to help you truly connect and better understand them.

Each of us use 'self-talk' and these give me positive things to do that with.  At some of my deepest, darkest moments on earth, I've relied on quotes, sayings, scriptures, etc. to help me cope with the situation at hand. I have noticed that my daughter does something similar - she finds quotes or lyrics she likes and posts them.

No comments:

Post a Comment