Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reflecting upon unanswered questions

I originally posted this on Facebook as a Note on Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 8:20 am:

"Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world." - Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 4:8 (37a)

So, I rarely (if ever) blog or share my personal thoughts but I learned after 9/11/01 it's healthy to do that and can  help.  Sometimes they are so convoluted inside my head that I can't sort them out so that is what I'm going to attempt to do now.  It has been 11 days since I learned of the death of Osama Bin Laden and it has ripped open scars/sores that I had hoped and thought were healed.  I guess ultimately, there is never healing or closure.  The past 2 nights I've tossed and turned and had nightmares, something I haven't had in almost a decade regarding this tragic historical event.  This morning I shed tears as I wonder if the man that I saw lying in the elevator in the lobby of WTC1 (obviously dead) was ever located and identified or is his family still wrestling with his story?  And what about the black female port authority officer that saved my life?  I barely escaped, did she?  I was so frustrated and angered at her for being a *ITCH at the time but upon reflecting, it was her that saved me.  I don't even know her name.  I can't look for her in the memorial because I have no idea who I'm looking for...

No comments:

Post a Comment