Friday, September 11, 2026

Reflecting on 25 Years After September 11, 2001

Twenty-five years after September 11, I've been reflecting about what the 25 years since have taught me. A few lessons stand out: **Later isn't guaranteed.** Make room for the things that matter now. **Achievement isn't the same as a good life.** Accomplishment matters, but so do relationships, health, rest, experiences, and simply enjoying your life. **Being capable doesn't mean you're obligated.** We don't have to maximize everything we're capable of doing. **Change isn't always something we choose.** Sometimes we find ourselves in a new reality and have to figure out what comes next. **Ordinary life is worth appreciating.** What once might have seemed boring can eventually look a lot like peace. And perhaps the biggest lesson: **You don't get to choose everything that happens to you. But you do get to choose how you allow it to impact you.** Twenty-five years later, I'm grateful not simply that I survived, but for the particular life I got to live because I did. Maybe gratitude doesn't always have to be something we say. Maybe it can be something we **make use of.**

No comments:

Post a Comment